The site was developed by Education Services Australia and funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
It contains a collection of video snapshots – or vignettes – which illustrate ideas, approaches and strategies for teaching, learning and assessment in Australian Curriculum: English.
The vignettes demonstrate approaches to differentiation and aspects of explicit teaching about a select group of content descriptions for reading, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Teachers and education teams could use the videos to:
- provide a stimulus for professional learning conversations
- expand a teacher's repertoire of pedagogical practices
- demonstrate clear and unambiguous teaching
- demonstrate a variety of ways to personalise student learning that are manageable for teachers and engaging for students
- illustrate contemporary classroom scenes and stories of educators delivering the Australian Curriculum: English.
Teachers can then select from Reading, Spelling or Punctuation and grammar tab.
There is a selection of year levels available.
Woodlands PS engaged in this resource during a recent professional learning session provided by Di Rees in regards to Spelling.
We hope you will find the site of use :-)